Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to some of our most commonly asked questions. If these do not answer your question, please contact Steve Skurski at or 847-515-5262.

How do I become a vendor?
Email Steve Skurski at with a description of your business and/or products.
PLEASE NOTE: All vendor spaces have been filled for our 2024 summer markets and we are no longer accepting new vendors.

How big is the booth space?
It depends on the location you are assigned for that day. Most spaces are about 12x12.

How much does it cost to participate?
The cost varies depending on your business. For at-home businesses, the cost is $25 per day. Full-season applicants such as farmers, have the option to pay $25 per day or a reduced full-season price of $125. 

When is my application due?
For the 2024 summer markets, applications are due by March 1, 2024. 

Is there electricity at the market?
A very limited amount of electrical outlets are available. Vendors are encouraged to provide their own power. Generators used at the market must be “quiet” (70 decibels or lower) for the safety and comfort of surrounding vendors as well as customers.

Do I need insurance?
Vendors shall obtain and maintain general liability insurance covering bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage with limits of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and a $2,000,0000 general aggregate. Certificates must list the Village of Huntley as the certificate holder and additional insured.

What kind of licenses/permits do I need?
It is the responsibility of the vendor to obtain and provide to the Market Manager copies of all licenses and permits required for the sale of the vendor's products at the Market in addition to the basic application. Questions/concerns regarding food product regulations and/or licensing should be directed to the McHenry County Health Department.

Vendors selling food or beverage items or giving samples of these must meet current McHenry County Health Department food guidelines and have applicable operating permits. Vendors must keep a copy of these permits at their market at all times. All McHenry County health permits must be acquired at least three weeks prior to the event. For more information on health permits, contact the health department at 815-334-4000 or visit their website.

What types of vendors are able to participate?

The Huntley Farmers Market is a market that focuses on local small businesses that produce (make, bake, grow, etc.) their own goods.

How are local businesses able to participate?
We welcome requests for sponsorship opportunities. For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Steve Skurski at

How do I get a tax number?
All vendors are required by the state to have their own Tax Numbers and pay their own sales tax for their market sales. Vendors can check out how to apply for a tax number by going to the IL Department of Revenue website at