QPR Suicide Prevention Training
QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Suicide Prevention Training
You Can Make a Difference!
The Huntley Police Department is hosting a QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Suicide Prevention Course that will be presented by NAMI.
Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Village Board Room
10987 Main Street
Participants will learn to recognize the warning signs of suicide and how to apply three simple steps that may save a life. Presented by certified instructor Tiffany Decker of the Lake in the Hills Police Department, the training includes:
- The problem of suicide nationally and locally in Illinois & McHenry County
- Common myths and facts associated with suicide
- Warning signs of suicide
- Tips for asking the suicide question
- Methods for persuading suicidal individuals to get help
- Ways of referring at-risk people to local resources
- Approximately one hour of instruction followed by Q & A
This program is designed for anybody who wants to recognize someone at risk of suicide, no matter what your profession or employment status. Anyone who works or interacts with people, regardless of their field of employment, can benefit. Due to the sensitive nature of this course, all participates must be 18 years of age or older.
Registration is required and seats are limited. Register today!
Questions? Contact the Huntley Police Department Social Worker Meghan Mumenthal at 847-515-5386 or by email.