Traffic Control and Street Name Signs

Traffic Control and Street Name Signs
SignsThe Department of Public Works and Engineering is responsible for the installation and maintenance of all traffic control signs and street signs for the Village, except those on State or County highways. This includes street name signs, stop signs, speed limit signs, warning signs, school speed limit zone signs, no parking signs, and other traffic control information.

Contact the Public Works and Engineering Department at 847-515-5222 to report a sign that needs to be replaced or to request the installation of a new sign.

The Village of Huntley has processed requests from concerned citizens for the posting of various traffic control devices including generalized warning signs such as “Slow – Children at Play” or similar message. 

Children Warning Sign Policy