Business & Contractor Registration

Business Registration

All businesses in the Village of Huntley, including home-based businesses are required to be registered. Vending machines must also be registered with the Village. New businesses will also need to apply for an Occupancy permit and have inspections with the Chief Building Official and Fire Marshal prior to receiving an Occupancy Certificate. Registration forms and fees can be obtained by contacting the Development Services Department.

Contractor Registration

All contractors and sub-contractors doing work or rendering service in Huntley are required to be registered with the Village regardless of permit requirements. Please contact the Development Services Department with any questions.

Contractor Requirements


A certificate of insurance with the Village of Huntley as the certificate holder is required for all contractors. The general aggregate must be a minimum of $2,000,000.00

Bond Requirements:

Contractors performing work in the public right of way or easement must submit a surety bond for the value of $10,000.00 valid through the registration calendar year. This includes excavators, plumbers, sewer and drain layers that may potentially perform work as stated above.

Any trade requiring Illinois or local licensure must provide a copy of that license. This includes plumbers, electricians, roofers, irrigation companies, security and fire alarm companies. Plumbers must provide both their 055 and 058 license and submit a letter of intent for each project.