Before applying for a permit be sure to view the Permit Guide for Residents or Contractors as well as our e-permits FAQ and online permit type list to ensure that you're selecting the appropriate permit(s) for your project. You can apply for permits, upload documents and submit payments in the eSuite Permit Portal:
eSuite Permit Portal
Most permits require the following items:
- Completed Residential or Commercial Permit Application
- Quote or Proposal from General/Primary Contractor
- Current Licenses for any sub-contractors requiring licensure such as roofing, plumbing, electric, irrigation, fire protection
- 055 and 058 Plumbing Licenses and plumbing letter of intent for any plumbing work
- Plat of Survey showing work to be performed with dimensions for outdoor projects
- Construction plans, equipment specifications, or product cut sheets
- Homeowner Association Approval Letter for residential projects (Many subdivisions require approval for all exterior projects)
- Property Association or Property Owner approval for commercial events and sign permits
- Plan Review Application Deposit for new construction, and tenant build-outs
Permit submittals with missing items may delay processing and review.
Application submitted - Once you have applied online and uploaded your documents we will begin processing your application. We will reach out to you if we need additional information. For permits that require a plan review deposit we will notify you when to proceed with submitting a deposit payment in the e-permit portal.
Plan Reviews - For permits with a plan review we will email the applicant when the review has been completed. If revisions are needed we'll send you a plan review letter with comments. You'll need to upload your complete revised documents in the e-permit portal and then notify us by phone or email when you're ready for a re-review. If your review has been completed but we do not have a completed registration for the general or primary contractor, current licenses for sub-contractors, or other items that are still needed we will email you to let you know your review is complete and provide you a list of items needed in order to grant approval.
Permit Approval - Once your permit is approved and your primary contractor is registered we will email you with any conditions of approval, inspection information and permit fee totals that can be paid online or at our Village Hall. Once your payment has been processed we will issue your permit and email you the permit card to be posted on site. You must wait for your permit to be issued and the permit card received before any work can begin. Receiving an email about a completed review, or submitting payment does not entitle you to begin work. For electronic permit submittals it is up to the permit applicant to print and post any approved plans, approval letters and permit card so that they are available to the inspector during inspection. Failure to provide these documents may result in failed inspections or re-inspection fees. Starting work without a permit card will result in penalties.
If you have questions, please call 847-515-5252.